Highlight and enjoy your holiday decor even more when you remove some of your everyday decor.
Apply any of the following items to an existing curtain rod for a simple, inexpensive updated window treatment:
-vintage table cloth
NOTE: Hang items by either folding fabric in half over the rod or use rings with clips
Conduct a "move-out" clean prior to listing when selling a home - including carpets, windows, appliances, baseboards, etc.
Open shelves work best for display, not storage.
Create simple summer centerpieces using items from the garden such as flowers, vegetables, fruit or herbs.
Most artwork is hung too high. Artwork should be viewed comfortably when seated in a room, typically 4-6 inches above furniture.
Staging Strategies for Kitchens
1) Countertops - clear off, display only one appliance
2) Refrigerator - remove all art and magnets
3) Cabinets - update/replace hardware
4) Clean - everything!
5) Hide - trash can, scatter rugs, pet dishes
Vibrant yellow flowers enhance curb appeal, creating a warm welcome for potential buyers and guests.
Eliminate clutter from a hutch by displaying items that are similar in color and theme.
Go "green" with an Interior Redesign. The concept is to redecorate your home using what you already have - friendly on the budget and the environment.
Potential buyers make up their minds about a property within 15 seconds of entering a house, so establishing a positive first impression is critical to achieving a successful sale.
A Favorite Tool:
Self-Centering Measuring Tape
This tape lists the center for each measurement mark on the tape. This comes in handy when centering artwork on a wall.
Don't forget to decorate the door for the holidays - simply tie big silver jingle bells with holiday ribbon to the doorknob for a festive welcome.
A bathroom quick fix: Add a frame around a plain mirror or replace it with a decorative mirror.
Staging costs less than a price reduction.
FALL in love with your home all over again with an interior redesign.
Remember the STAR of Star Interior Solutions...
5 Important Factors to Selling a House:
- Market Condition
- Condition of Property
- Presentation (staging)
Coffee Table Alternatives = ottoman, trunk, chest, antique suitcases, end tables
Add these five items to your PATIO to create a PERFECT outdoor space...
- Comfortable furniture with colorful weather-resistant cushions and/or pillows
- All weather rug to define your seating area
- Soothing water feature
- Candles or lighting for ambiance
- Seasonal plants to infuse additional color
It is important to remove all personal photos when selling a house so potential homebuyers can envision themselves in the house instead.
Staging Strategies for Closets
- Remove at least one-third of hanging clothing.
- Keep floor and top shelves clear.
- Organize smaller items in containers.
- Be sure the lighting is sufficient.
- Repaint if necessary.
Consider multiple uses for items when accessorizing. Example: A cup and saucer can obviously be used as dinnerware, but can also be used as a candleholder, a base for a fresh flower arrangement, and even a container for q-tips and cotton balls in a guest bathroom.
Ready for a new space this new year?
Consider interior redesign. It's more affordable than traditional interior design because you don't have to buy anything new. It provides a refreshing and updated look by reorganizing and rearranging your existing furniture, artwork and accessories revealing a warm, comfortable and inviting home. The results are remarkable!
A Few Fresh Ideas for Festive Tables:
- Arrange fresh pine boughs on a plate with red apples or cranberries in the center
- Fill glass hurricane candleholders with limes and cranberries
- Add water, cranberries and floating candles to a glass bowl.
The most important thing to remember when hanging a mirror is that it should reflect a pleasant view.
An area rug is a great way to bring additional color into a family or living room. It is also used to "connect" furniture and should be no smaller than 5' by 8'.
Staging Strategies for Bathrooms
- Remove all toiletries from counters, bathtubs, showers and ledges.
- Remove scatter rugs and toilet seat covers.
- Purchase new towels for display.
- Update/replace lighting if necessary.
- Thoroughly clean and make any repairs.
To distribute light evenly in a room, place lamps in a triangular pattern.
When evaluating or researching redesigners and/or real estate stagers, there are several factors to consider. Here are some Key Questions to ask.
To create a grand entrance to your home, pay close attention to the details. Is a fresh coat of paint needed on the door and trim? Does the welcome mat need to be replaced? Is the doorbell in working condition? Are the windows and light fixtures clean? Has the floor surface been swept lately? Eliminate dried wreathes and faded silk florals. Add some color with fresh flowers, topiaries, grasses or shrubs in ceramic pots. If there's room, add a bench or chair with colorful pillows.
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to infuse color into a room? Select a color (your favorite color, a seasonal color, or an updated tone/hue) and bring it into the room through a few accent pieces such as pillows, throws, candles and accessories.
Top Five Ways to Accentuate Accessories...
- Display by using odd number of items - 3's and 5's.
- Cluster similar items (textures, metals, woods, glass, etc.) for a cohesive look.
- Shape on shape - use round accessories on round tables and square accessories on square tables.
- Size on size - use large accessories on large furnishings and small accessories on small furnishings.
- Create height by using books, baskets and/or decorative boxes under accessories.
Shape-by-Shape is the best way to hang artwork. Select rectangular pieces of art to hang above a rectangular piece of furniture or on a rectangular wall. Select vertical pieces of art to hang on a vertical shaped wall.